Thursday 25 August 2016

5 Ways to be Happier | Simply Krissy



Throughout life, everyone goes through a various amount of emotions. Happiness,confusion,fear,sadness and anger...etc are all examples. Sometimes,emotions can be mixed together.  You could feel upset but are forced to express happiness on the outward appearance. Of course, feeling negative emotions isn't desired among most people. Therefore, I will be explaining 5 ways to feel happy in daily life.

1. "Smile,be happy and block out people who make you feel any less."  This quote really made me think.  Yes,we should smile and just be happy! Why am I letting people make me feel sad.  It's different than an argument with a friend.  I meant as in the people who are constantly making you feel sad. It is understandable that there will always be a situation where you can't just block the person out because they are constantly in your life.  There are times when I found out I could.  For example, a friend that you keep arguing with constantly and don't get along very well.  It's extremely hard and scary,but it's best to not be around each other.

2. "No amount of regret is going to change the past,no amount of anxiety is going to change the future." My mother told me this a few weeks ago when I was upset but I definitely didn't want to hear that.  I just wanted to feel upset but after lots of thinking, this quote is so true.  Of course, there will always be regret and the feeling of anxiousness.  It reminds me though to not let it occupy my entire brain.

3.Talk to your friends,parents,co-workers,God,a counselor or any person you can talk to about what is bugging you and know that they/the person are/is always by your side.

4.Look forward to one thing everyday.  It can be something as small as seeing flowers while going to work/school(which is why there are flowers in this post because flowers make me happy :D) or eating a cookie.  It sounds ridiculous but at least there is slight excitement throughout life.

5.This sounds absolutely ridiculous,but dress in "happy clothing".  Generally, at home, wearing pajamas makes me feel relaxed.  When I wear something I really like,I feel confident and a bit more joyful. Sometimes when people around me or I feel sad, it's normal to feel like wearing dark colors or nothing too flashy.  This isn't meant to offend anyone or saying only sad people can wear dark clothing which isn't true.

1 comment: